Essence Ticket to Paradise Shimmer Powder Highlighter Review and Swatches

My heart skipped a beat yesterday when I was browsing through Pharmaprix and I saw the new Essence collection: Ticket to Paradise. I got to the point where each time I find myself at the drugstore I look forward to Essence products and this time I was not disappointed.



One of the highlights of this collection was course the gorgeous highlighter. It looked divine. It goes by the name of Shimmer Powder and is available in the shade 01 Tropical Heat: a beautiful, soft golden sheen.

 

Tropical Heat reminds me a lot of Bare Minerals The Shinning Moment in color and finish. Tropical heat is however much softer, much more buttery and much richer in texture. You definitely get much more color payoff in a swipe and when used with a fan or stippling brush you can sheer it out or build it up to your desired consistency. The highlighter wears well and it lasted on me all day without any fading or patchiness. Color me impressed.


The biggest difference is the price tag, of course with Essence costing a tenth of the bareMinerals one. Yup.

Bottom line, if you too have a soft spot for highlighters, RUN to the drugstore NOW. Tropical Heat is gorgeous. Impressive, really.

Here's a swatch and comparison between BM The Shining Moment and Tropical Heat



Labels: , , , , , , ,